Our Range Mission Statement
The purpose of the Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm is to promote the shotgun shooting sport by providing invited guests a private, professional, safe, friendly, and comfortable place to enjoy recreational shotgunning. We were the first in the area and have been here for over 25 years.
VCPF is located on the edge of the Mark Twain National Forest in the beautiful Ozarks of south central Missouri, just 30 minutes south of downtown Mountain Grove.
VCPF is privately owned, maintained, and operated semi annually by American Veterans, in conjunction with Professional Shooting Instruction of Va..
NRA certified basic shotgun instruction.
2 American skeet fields,
1 ATA trap field,
5 free camper trailer campsites,
and a climate controlled clubhouse/classroom.
A wobble trap course is scheduled for the future.
Is Semi-Annually, April & October
- By Appointment Only -
Open season reservations call:
Off season call:
Practice rounds are a suggested 5.00 a game. We are the best deal in the area.
There are a lot of great places to stay while you visit. Many people stay for more than just one day of shooting. With so many things to do like canoeing, hiking, fishing, mountain biking, and other great outdoor activities you will find it hard to leave Douglas County. Keep in mind, the VCPF is very secluded and all accommodations or attractions require some lengthy travel time.
If you have a camper, feel free to park on the grounds for free. Come self contained since we lack hookups. Otherwise, The closest hotel to the range is the Rockbridge Trout Ranch 30 minutes away or in downtown Mountain Grove.
Rainbow Trout and Game Ranch, Inc.
P.O. Box 100
Rockbridge, Missouri 65741
PHONE: (417) 679-3619
FAX: (417) 679-2470
Twin Bridges Canoe and Campground
Hwy 14, HC 64 Box 2300, West Plains, MO 65775
417-256-7507 • 417-256-2726
300 E. 19th St. Mountain Grove MO 65711
2325 Missouri Park Dr. Mountain Grove MO 65711
Here are some of our favorite places to eat while shooting at VCPF.
El Charro Mexican Restaurant, 1409 Mitchell Road,
West Plains, MO 65775-7692 (417) 255-0992
Club 60 Steakhouse, 8773 Old Highway 60,
Mountain Grove, MO 65711 (417) 926-9954
Junction Super Store, Rt 95 &76,
Vanzant, Mo. (417) 948-2777
Gun Shops Below is a list of Gunshops for your convenience.
We feel it is imperative to support the local gun shops to help protect the Second Amendment and to boost the local economy.
So take time and stop in the local shops. Get to know the good people and see what they have to offer.
Craigs Outdoor Sports
Hwy N, Mountain Grove, Mo. 65711
Keith's Guns & Stocks
8322 County Road 8850, West Plains, MO 65775-6058
Rock Valley Gun Shop
2610 County Road 6540, West Plains, MO 65775-6606
Williams Shootin’ Iron Service
RR 2 Box 223a, Mountain Grove MO 65711
Festivals and Local Destinations
If you'd like to make your trip to the VCPF well rounded, visit these websites and look into some of the other great things offered in the area.
* Twin Bridges Canoe & Campground, Hwy 14 & 181, Mo. http://www.twinbridgescanoe.com/ * Rockbridge Trout Ranch, Rockbridge, Mo. http://www.rockbridgemo.com/
* Rockbridge Trout Ranch, Rockbridge, Mo. http://www.rockbridgemo.com/
* Laura Ingalls Wilder Home, Mansfield Mo. http://www.lauraingallswilderhome.com/
* Mountain Grove Mo. Tourist Bureau, http://mountaingrovechamber.com/
* West Plains, Mo. Tourist Bureau, http://www.westplains.net/tourism/tourism.php * Willow Springs Mo. Chamber of Commerce: http://www.willowspringsmo.com/area.html * Noblett Lake State Campground, Hwy AP Contact our Hospitality Liaison for more details on all that the South Central Ozarks has to offer at 1-757-923-3553.
* Willow Springs Mo. Chamber of Commerce: http://www.willowspringsmo.com/area.html
* Noblett Lake State Campground, Hwy AP
Contact our Hospitality Liaison for more details on all that the South Central Ozarks has to offer at 1-757-923-3553.